When we’re busy, it’s hard to make sure we get all the good stuff we need to keep us going throughout the day and our bodies running healthily. So, how about a natural superfood boost to help us do so?
What are Superfoods?
When we see the term superfood, it generally means the food is nutrient dense – a bit of a powerhouse - either packed full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants or other beneficial goodness. They tend to have health-boosting properties more so than other foods in the same category.
Do I need Superfoods?
Getting an array of the right vitamins, minerals, essential nutrients and antioxidants from a wide variety of fruit and vegetables in a week can be pretty tricky - even for the committed health enthusiast. A lot of us are not hitting the recommended daily intakes which can play havoc with our energy levels and overall health over time.
Incorporating superfoods into your daily diet can significantly enhance your overall nutrition balance and support a healthier lifestyle. They are a quick and easy way to boost your nutrient intake and give your body what it needs to thrive.
Discover BodyMe Superfood Powders
At BodyMe, we have developed a range of superfoods to make it super easy for you to pack the goodness into your diet. Our range of organic, Superfood Powders are designed to easily add a wide variety of nutrients into your meals, snacks and smoothies so that you can feel your best.
Explore these 5 quick and easy superfood recipes - both savoury and sweet that you can incorporate into your lifestyle and start reaping those benefits today.
5 Easy & Healthy Superfood Recipes
The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie
Kickstart your day in the right way with this Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - a nutritious blend of plant-based milk, fruits, and BodyMe Superfood Powders. Pack in the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants you need to energise and boost your system naturally.
- 300 ml plant-based milk (or switch half for water for a lighter smoothie)
- 1 banana
- 1 heaped tsp of BodyMe Omegas Powder
- 1 heaped tsp of BodyMe Greens or Reds Powder
- Half an Avocado
- Berries, pineapple, or mango - make it your own!
Method & Tips
- Blend all of the ingredients together and enjoy!
- If you are short on time in the mornings you can pre chop and store your fruit in the freezer or buy ready frozen bags of fruits to form the basis.
Turmeric Golden Latte
As we slip into these cooler months, why not brighten up your day with a deliciously soothing turmeric golden latte? It’s so easy to make – just add a heaped tablespoon of Super Golds stirred into a warm milk of your choice (our favourite is Plenish Organic Barista Oat Drink). It’s a great alternative to a caffeinated drink to beat the afternoon slump and equally ideal for winding down in the evenings.
The Super Golds blend has seven nutrient-boosting organic superfoods including Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon and Reishi Mushroom to give your immune system a boost together with soothing anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- 250 ml Plenish Barista Oat Milk
- 1 tbsp BodyMe Super Golds Powder
- Coconut nectar or other to sweeten (optional)
- Heat milk in a saucepan or a milk frother.
- Add Super Golds into a small amount of the milk to form a paste in a cup
- Add the paste to the saucepan or top with hot milk from the frother
- Sweeten to taste
Easy Vegan Overnight Oats
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are essentially porridge, minus the cooking - they are prepped slightly differently and eaten cold. You add milk (or yogurt alternatives) to the oats and leave them overnight in the fridge. The oats slowly break down overnight, resulting in the texture of porridge with a bit more bite, whilst saving you time in the morning too!
Are overnight oats healthy?
The short answer is yes - overnight oats make an excellent, nutritious breakfast. They are packed with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They are high in soluble fibre beta-glucan and protein compared to other grains, which releases the energy you need in the mornings slowly, keeping you fuelled for longer.
Simply top with fruit and BodyMe Omegas Blend to create a real nutritional powerhouse, giving your body a great start to the day with the addition of Omegas 3, 6 and 9.
- A portion of oats
- Plant-based milk
- 1 heaped tbsp BodyMe Omegas Powder
- Top with berries, nut butters and sweeten with coconut nectar as preferred.
- Combine oats, plant-based milk, BodyMe Omegas. Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with your favourite fruits, nut butters and coconut nectar.
Vegan Greens Pesto Sauce
Upgrade your pasta or salads with this vibrant Vegan Greens Pesto Sauce, enriched with the goodness of BodyMe Greens, adding both flavour and nutrition to your meal.
- Half a clove of garlic
- 10g of Nutritional yeast
- 100g of Basil leaves
- 40ml of Olive oil
- 30ml of Lemon juice
- 25g Pine nuts (or any other nuts; sunflower seeds are a nut free option)
- 1 tsp of BodyMe Greens Powder
- 30ml water + extra if required
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blitz until mixture is smooth.
- Add more water if the mixture is too thick.
- You can add more of any ingredients to make it to your desired taste.
Easy Greens Guacamole
Guacamole is a delicious snack, especially when paired with raw seasonal vegetable crudites. It offers so many health benefits - one of the stand-outs being its high content of healthy fats. It’s also a great source of fibre and potassium, keeping your digestion and heart healthy.
In this recipe we have added the Omegas Blend and a spoonful of Super Greens to pack in the extra vitamins, minerals and Omegas 3, 6 and 9.
10ml lime juice
A pinch of salt
1 small garlic clove crushed
1 tsp of BodyMe Greens Powder
Tablespoon of good quality olive oil
As preferred to top - spring onions, chillies, tomatoes, coriander
- Mash the Avocado.
- Add in crushed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and BodyMe Greens and Omegas.
- Either mash or blend the ingredients together in a food processor
- Top with your choice of onions, chillis tomatoes and coriander as preferred.
We hope you are inspired to give these recipes a try. Please share your feedback and pictures as you make them, we’d love to hear what you think.
If you're ready to start your superfood journey today, you can discover more about BodyMe Superfood Powders here.