This vegan chocolate orange protein pot recipe is so quick and easy to whip up and it tastes like the best chocolate mousse you’ve ever had. With a rich, creamy texture and a hit of orange, it’s a real treat for celebrations, dinner parties or for when you fancy something sweet.
The best bit? It’s completely vegan, gluten free and rich in protein, vitamins and minerals thanks to the addition of our Cacao & Coconut protein powder. Because it’s superfood boosted, you’ll get added omegas 3. 6 and 9, too. It’s chocolate mousse with benefits.
We’ve divided the recipe up to serve 4 but, because of the richness of the dark chocolate, it could easily stretch to 6 depending on how much of a sweet tooth you have.
- 400ml tin coconut milk (full of good fats)
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 90g organic dark chocolate
- 33g cacao & coconut protein powder
- Juice of half an orange
- 2 tbsp sweetener of your choice (we used organic agave syrup)
- Pinch of salt
- Orange zest, extra dark chocolate and cacao orange bar or bites to decorate
Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition (per serving) based on 4 serves
- Calories: 302kcal
- Protein: 9g
- Sugar: 14g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fibre: 3g
- Melt the dark chocolate over a bain marie and stir until smooth. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile scoop out the coconut fat from the tin into a bowl (reserving the water for another recipe) and add the orange extract
- Once cooled, stir the dark chocolate into the bowl until fully combined and silky smooth
- Add the cacao & coconut protein powder and a pinch of salt to the bowl and stir well to remove any lumps
- Once combined, add the orange juice and sweetener of your choice to loosen the mix and get it looking nice and glossy. Add extra orange juice if the mixture still looks too thick.
- Once glossy, separate into bowls or pots and chill in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to serve, top with orange zest, grated dark chocolate and a small handful of cacao orange bites or protein bar chopped into squares for extra bite. Enjoy alone or add your favourite yoghurt to the top to cut through the richness.
Top tip: keep the coconut milk in the fridge overnight to make sure the fat and water have separated nicely.