As we slip into the darker, cooler months, why not brighten up your Sunday afternoon with a deliciously soothing golden latte? It’s so easy to make – just a scoop of our BodyMe Gold blend stirred into a warm milk alternative of your choice (our favourite is Rude Health Organic Barista Oat Drink).
The Golds blend has seven nutrient-boosting organic superfoods to bring balance, calm and serenity into your life. It will help you relax, sleep well and feel amazing while supporting your gut health and giving your immune system a boost.
Five reasons this latte is golden…
- It has an enhanced ratio of powerful anti inflammatories turmeric – which gives it its beautiful golden hue – and black pepper.
- It has adaptogenic properties: reishi mushroom helps the body and mind to manage stress.
- Prebiotic inulin is added to aid digestion and support your gut health.
- Vitamins and minerals from the coconut milk, cinnamon and ginger contribute to normal immune function, keeping you on top of your game.
- It’s a fab alternative to a caffeinated drink – the golden colour and taste will lift your spirits to combat that afternoon slump.
Can I turbo-charge my latte?
Yes! Why not toss in a scoop of protein powder, which will give your body the fuel to power through any mid-afternoon tummy rumbles. Protein is also made up of amino acids, which are the building blocks of important chemical messengers that help your body work properly. Here are a few of those essential functions:
- Neurotransmitters: serotonin, the happy hormone, and dopamine, which is in charge of reward and motivation, both require amino acids for their synthesis.
- Enzymes: every chemical reaction in the body relies on enzymes, which are made up of proteins. These include the enzymes involved in detoxification in the liver, and digestion in the gut.
- Hormones: many of our hormones such as insulin, which regulates our blood sugar, and progesterone, which controls the menstrual cycle, are in fact, proteins.
- Immune system: this is one of the body’s most complex systems. It hosts a variety of cells, molecules and chemical messengers that work together to defend the body against infection and keep us well. Protein deficiency can compromise the immune system and can deplete immune cells.
- Haemoglobin: this protein transports the blood around the body.
- Collagen: this is the most plentiful protein in the body. It makes our skin plump and youthful, our hair shiny and our nails strong. Along with elastin and keratin, it keeps our bones, cartilage, and many other bodily structures healthy.
For a creamy and indulgent pick-me-up that packs a seriously healthy punch, follow our golden latte recipe below. Happy sipping!
Golden latte recipe and method
- A few minutes is all it takes to turn this gold dust into the perfect golden latte!
- 1 or 2 scoops of golds blend, depending on your cup size
- 200 ml vegan milk of your choice
- Place your milk into a pan over a medium heat.
- Place your golds blend into a cup and add a little milk to mix to a paste-like consistency.
- For a super-foamy latte worthy of the trendiest cafe, use a metal barista jug to foam your milk.
- Pour in a mix of foam and milk until your cup is about a quarter full and mix well.
- Pour in the rest of the milk slowly from a height with a stirring action, while holding back the foam.
- Quickly pour the remaining foam in from a low level.
Share this recipe with someone who needs some gold dust in their life!